We are located in the community of West Tisbury on State Road across from Alley’s General Store.
- Monday 10-6
- Tuesday 10-6
- Wednesday 10-6
- Thursday 9-6
- Friday 10-5
- Saturday 9-5
- Sunday 12-4
Curbside services available, just call and ask. 508-693-3366.
- Restrooms are available on the Main Floor and Downstairs.
- Please call or email email@example.com to schedule a tech appointment.
HOLDS NOTIFICATION AND CURBSIDE PICKUP:
Contactless holds pickup is still available 7 days a week during open hours. You may request items from the library through placing holds yourself or by contacting staff via phone or email. If you placed a hold through the CLAMS catalog or app, you’ll receive an email asking you to follow up with your library to schedule a pick-up. When you arrive at the library (or before you leave your house), call the circulation desk (508-693-3366) to let us know you are ready to pick-up your order. Staff will bring your items outside and place them on a table on the library’s front porch.
There are four easy ways to order library materials:
- Go online through the CLAMS catalog and place requests.
- Download and use the CLAMS Library Network app on your cellphone or mobile device (Google Play, Apple App Store).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests. Be sure to include your full name and/or library card number.
- Call (508) 693-3366 and talk to a librarian. If you get our answering machine, leave a message with your request or to request a call back. When leaving a message, include your full name and/or library card number and a phone number.
Please feel free to call or email our librarians for assistance. If we don’t have the item you desire, we can recommend something else based on your preferences.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
If you have materials to return, use the freestanding book drop located in front of the library, or the book drop attached to the front of the building. We are now fine-free, so you will not incur late fees. If you have a tech-item to return like a laptop or Kindle, please return to a librarian.
Stay informed through our website and our electronic newsletter. If you don’t receive our newsletter, sign up here. Feel free to send us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call (508-693-3366) with your questions and special requests—leave us a message if you get the machine.
1042 State Road
West Tisbury, MA
From the ferry in Vineyard Haven: Make a left out of the parking lot and turn right at the stop sign onto State Rd. Continue to follow State Road, 7.1 mi – End at 1042A State Rd, West Tisbury (Right across the street from Alley’s General Store).
Estimated Time: 17 minutes
Estimated Distance: 7.24 miles
Bus Routes are available through the Martha’s Vineyard Transit Authority. Click the link to see their schedule.
- Library Staff
- Library Policies
- Meeting Rooms
- Library Cards, Circulation, & Renewals
- Library Board of Trustees
- Library Strategic Plan FY2017-FY2021
Elliott Bennett, Circulation Assistant
Margaret D’Angelo, Circulation Assistant
Louise Gilpin, Circulation Assistant
John Girouard, Circulation Assistant
Maureen Hall, Circulation Assistant
Emily LaPierre, Circulation Assistant
Deirdre Leopold, Circulation Assistant
Rizwan Malik, Circulation Assistant
Emily Meegan, Circulation Assistant
Emily Milstein, Circulation Assistant
Lyn Neilley, Circulation Assistant
Ginger Norton, Circulation Assistant
Kira Shepherd, Circulation Assistant
- Art Policy
- Circulation and Materials Policy
- Conference Room Policy
- CORI Policy
- Distribution of Free Materials
- Emergency Policy
- Fees for Services
- Grievance Policy
- Materials Selection Policy
- Patron Complaints Regarding Library Materials
- Personnel Policy
- Piano Policy
- Proctoring Policy
- Programming Policy
- Program Room Policy
- Provision of New Technology for Public Use Policy
- Rules of Conduct
- Social Media Policy
- Taking Photographs or Making Recordings in the Library
- Training and Continuing Education
- Unattended Children & Child Safety
- Unattended Personal Belongings Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Appendix 1 – Intellectual Freedom
The Community Room
- To reserve the Community Room you need to fill out the application here or download the PDF at the bottom of this page and bring to the library.
- If you would like to book our Community Room for a meeting, please complete our Community Room Meeting Form.
- Click HERE for our Community Room Meeting Form.
- Download the pdf form here.
- Please see the new policy statement on use: Meeting Room Policy
Downstairs Meeting Rooms
- Meeting rooms are available for 45 minutes beginning at the top of the hour, Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 4:00pm with a reservation.
- We ask patrons to limit their appointments to two hours twice a week.
- Please check in with a librarian on the lower level when you arrive for your scheduled appointment.
- Same-day appointments must be made on-line with this form.
- Click HERE to reserve time in our lower level Conference Rooms.
- Please see the new policy statement on use: Meeting Room Policy
Patrons will be issued two library cards (a wallet card and a keychain card) upon presentation of photo identification such as a valid driver’s license, student I.D. or passport.
Library cards are free to residents of Massachusetts and/or property owners on Martha’s Vineyard. There is a one-time $10 charge per card for all others. At the age of 8, children may sign up for their own library card.
Books, magazines, and audiobooks circulate for two weeks; DVDs and Blu-rays circulate for one week. Materials may be renewed three times provided there are no holds on them. To renew your materials online, visit www.clamsnet.org/patroninfo. Enter the barcode on the back of your card (or your username), and enter your 4-digit PIN. If you did not request a custom PIN when you applied for your library card, use the last 4 digits of your library card barcode. Select the checkboxes next to the items you would like to renew, and click renew marked. Please check that the renewals were successful. Some items may not be eligible for renewal. You can also renew items in person or by calling the library at 508-693-3366.
November 12th, 2019, CLAMS libraries will introduce Automatic Renewals. Eligible (physical) items like books, CDs, DVDs, without holds for patrons will automatically renew up to three times. The new due date is calculated from the previous due date, not from the date of renewal. Please note materials cannot be renewed if: •Someone else has placed a hold on the item. • The item has reached its renewal limit • Your account is blocked
due to excessive fines or replacement fees. Borrowers who have an email address will continue to receive a courtesy notice three days before the item due date. The notice will list items that have been automatically renewed and the new due date. The notice will alert the patron to items that are ineligible for renewal and the original due date. Please note: this service does not apply to digital materials (i.e., Overdrive), only
eligible physical materials. We hope you enjoy this new service from your local CLAMS Library!
You must have your library card with you to check out items. We will be happy to hold your books until you can come back with your card. If your card is lost, replacement cards are available free of charge.
All information regarding library materials circulated to particular borrowers is available only to library staff and the individual borrower.
Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out to them and to their minor children.
As of January 1st, 2020, ALL MV Libraries will be FINE FREE!
- Rob Hauck, Chair
- Fran Finnigan, Trustee
- Lynn Hoeft, Trustee
- Wendy Nierenberg, Trustee
- Wayne Smith, Trustee