Hours and Directions
We are located in the community of West Tisbury on State Road across from Alley’s General Store.
- Monday 10-6
- Tuesday 10-6
- Wednesday 10-6
- Thursday 10-6
- Friday 10-5
- Saturday 10-5
- Sunday 12-4 (curbside only)
(please note that the Children’s Room is still only open for appointments – read more below)
WE ARE OPEN FOR BROWSING!
We are excited to welcome you back to the West Tisbury Library! The majority of the library building is available for browsing our collections, checking out materials, and computer use and printing. Masks are mandatory for all.
Appointments are still required for the Children’s Room. There are no conference/meeting rooms available and we encourage folks to limit their time in the library to a maximum of one hour. Children must be 10 or older to be unsupervised in the library.
In addition we are continuing curbside services and our successful online programming. For your health and safety, using the library will be a different experience from before. You’ll find everything you need to know below:
- Adult Collections and Computer Usage Drop-in access to the adult collections and for computer use, please limit your stay to one hour. Computers are available for 45 minute at a time. If you need tech assistance please call or email (email@example.com) ahead of time to schedule an appointment.
- Children’s Room: The Children’s Room is open for appointments. Appointments are for one family at a time; no meet ups or playdates. 30 minute appointments can be made here: https://form.jotform.com/210963478015053 Currently, no library toys will be available.
- Young Adult Room: The Young Adult Room is open for browsing. Our teen librarian Laura will be available to assist you. Monday 10-2, Tuesday 10-2, Thursday 10-6 and Friday 10-4.
When in the library …
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times.
- Limit your visit to one hour.
- Abide by all staff instructions regarding safety.
YOU ARE ABLE TO:
- Browse the shelves and check out materials.
- Use the library catalog stations.
- Pick up your holds.
- Use self-checkout stations or the CLAMS app to check out your materials.
- Use a computer for 45 minutes.
- Ask library staff for help. If you need more than brief assistance, we are happy to help you by phone or email.
- Sit on the library porches, patio, or grounds and use the wifi.
YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO:
- Use study rooms.
- Use the Children’s Room play area.
- Spend a prolonged period of time in the library.
- Eat or drink inside.
- Restrooms will be available on the Main Floor and in the Children’s Room.
- Staff and patrons will be wearing masks.
- Access to our Local History collections will be limited. Please email if you need access to this area.
- Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tech appointment.
HOLDS NOTIFICATION AND CURBSIDE PICKUP:
Contactless holds pickup is still available 7 days a week between noon and 4 pm. You may request items from the library through placing holds yourself or by contacting staff via phone or email. Requests made before 9 am may be picked up that day if the items are available here in West Tisbury; orders placed after 9 am may be picked up the following day or within a week. If you placed a hold through the CLAMS catalog or app, you’ll receive an email asking you to follow up with your library to schedule a pick-up. When you arrive at the library (or before you leave your house), call the circulation desk (508-693-3366) to let us know you are ready to pick-up your order. Staff will bring your items outside and place them on a table on the library’s front porch. All library patrons must wear a mask during pick-up.
There are four easy ways to order library materials:
- Go online through the CLAMS catalog and place requests.
- Download and use the CLAMS Library Network app on your cellphone or mobile device (Google Play, Apple App Store).
- Email email@example.com with your requests. Be sure to include your full name and/or library card number.
- Call (508) 693-3366 and talk to a librarian. If you get our answering machine, leave a message with your request or to request a call back. When leaving a message, include your full name and/or library card number and a phone number.
Please feel free to call or email our librarians for assistance. If we don’t have the item you desire, we can recommend something else based on your preferences.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
If you have materials to return, use the freestanding book drop located in front of the library, or the book drop attached to the front of the building. Please do not leave items on the pickup table. We are now fine-free, so you will not incur late fees. If you have a tech-item to return like a laptop or Kindle, there’s a designated bin on the pick-up table. Please give us a call and let us know to retrieve your item.
Things are changing week to week as we phase-in services and orient ourselves to the “new” normal.” Stay informed through our website and our electronic newsletter. If you don’t receive our newsletter, sign up here. Feel free to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call (508-693-3366) with your questions and special requests—leave us a message if you get the machine. We’ve missed seeing you and look forward to welcoming you back into the building.
Directions:1042 State Road West Tisbury, MA
From the ferry in Vineyard Haven: Make a left out of the parking lot and turn right at the stop sign onto State Rd. Continue to follow State Road, 7.1 mi – End at 1042A State Rd, West Tisbury (Right across the street from Alley’s General Store).
Estimated Time: 17 minutes
Estimated Distance: 7.24 miles
Bus Routes are available through the Martha’s Vineyard Transit Authority. Click the link to see their schedule.