WEST TISBURY LIBRARY COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
For the health and safety of our patrons, our staff, and the community, the West Tisbury Library is closed until further notice. We are committed to serving the needs of the public to the best of our ability while our building remains closed. All of our online services and digital library resources are available through our website, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and movies through Overdrive/Libby, Kanopy, Hoopla, and more. To reach a West Tisbury librarian, send us an email at email@example.com. For additional online resources beyond what the West Tisbury Library provides, explore the benefits of an eCard from the Boston Public Library.
The safety of our patrons and staff is our priority. We will keep you informed of our future plans and additional changes as this rapidly evolving public health emergency progresses. Follow us on social media (Facebook and Instagram) or visit our website for updates and offerings. For the Town of West Tisbury’s coronavirus updates and announcements consult their website. For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Massachusetts visit this site.
Our materials are currently being held in quarantine for 24 hours. This time may reflect when items are available or taken off your account.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
May I get a library card if I don’t have one yet?
- You may sign-up for a temporary CLAMS card (valid until June 30) that will allow you to access digital materials—eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines—through Overdrive/Libby: https://info.clamsnet.org/get-an-ecard-get-an-ebook/ You’ll need a computer or cell phone and access to your email account.
I have a West Tisbury Library card but I can’t find it. Can I still use my account to access digital materials?
- Please send us an email to reach a librarian for further verification and we can help you access your account.
I forgot my PIN. What do I do?
- If you do not know your PIN for your library card, you may reset it here. You may also email us at the library for assistance. Typically the PIN is set as the last four digits of your card at the time of issuance.
Can I still place holds on materials? What happens to my previously placed holds?
- You may still place holds for items through the CLAMS catalog. No action will be taken on these holds until the library reopens. Holds listed as ready for pick-up will be available when the library re-opens. We will contact you at that time. Items with a status of “in transit” will arrive at the library after we reopen. Cancelling holds: If your materials were time sensitive and you no longer want them, we would appreciate it if you would cancel your hold either online or by sending us an email.
My library card is about to expire. How can I renew?
- All expired CLAMS cards have been renewed until June 30, 2020. If you have any problems accessing your West Tisbury library account, contact us via email and we will assist you.
Does the library still provide WiFi access?
- The library’s wifi can be accessed from the parking lot near the building. If you have a critical need to access wifi at this time please follow social distancing recommendations and stay in your car if possible.
- All on-site programs have been cancelled through the summer. The library is continuing to plan programs that will be offered online through Zoom. Check our calendar for our current offerings.
Looking for help with technology? Having trouble borrowing eBooks?
- Our IT/Reference Librarian is available Wednesdays by appointment outside or via phone Monday-Friday, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 508-693-3366.
Need more information?
- Visit our website. Subscribe to our newsletter. Follow our Facebook and Instagram for updates. Families with children are welcome to join our West Tisbury Library Family Facebook page.
- Please contact us via email or call 508-693-3366. We check email frequently, but have less ability to check our phone messages frequently. We look forward to assisting you.