Take Home Technology
The West Tisbury Free Public Library offers many technology items for patrons to borrow.
Ask any Librarian for more information on any of these items. See below for some information and guidelines for borrowing.
Borrow a Chromebook!
West Tisbury Library Chromebook Lending Guidelines
- West Tisbury Free Public Library is pleased to offer a Chromebook lending service to library patrons.
- Chromebooks are available at the Circulation Desk.
- Chromebooks are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Patrons are allowed to borrow one laptop at a time for 1 week (7 days) with renewals if no other holds exist.
- Late fees for a Chromebook returned after the time due is $5/day with maximum of $20.
- Chromebooks may be checked out by a patrons 18 years old or older with a valid Clams Library card in good standing.
- Patrons may not alter or delete any settings or configurations.
- Patrons are responsible for damage to or loss of laptops and accessories as a result of accident, theft, misuse or neglect.
- Patrons are expected to report loss of or damage to the laptop or accessories to Circulation desk staff.
- Replacement cost for a damaged laptop may be between $300 to $375.
- Patrons are responsible for any violation of Computer User Agreement and all other applicable library policies.
- First time borrowers must sign a Chromebook Borrowers Responsibility Form before checking out a Chromebook.
- Chromebook must be picked up and dropped off at the West Tisbury library. Please do not place device into the drop box.
Borrow an eReader!
The library has many types of Kindles available for patrons for 2 weeks. Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle come with 100+ preloaded ebooks ready to go! eReader must be picked up and dropped off at the West Tisbury library. Please do not place device into the drop box.
Borrow a WiFi Hotspot!
The West Tisbury Library has WiFi Hotspots available for CLAMS patrons to borrow for 2 weeks. Hotspots are available first come, first served with no immediate renewal. Take WiFi with you where ever you go! Hotspot must be picked up and dropped off at the West Tisbury library. Please do not place device into the drop box.
Borrow a Roku!
What is Roku? Roku is a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV turning your tv into a “smart TV.” Roku will allow you to stream popular television shows and movies through the library’s Netflix subscription and Vudu account, as well as provide access to other free channels, such as TED, PBS, PBS KIDS, Crackle, Youtube, and more. See the list of films and T.V. series available on VUDU below.
To use the Roku you must have Wi-Fi and have a HDMI input on your television. The Roku kit will provide you with the rest. Just plug the Roku to your TV, connect it to your Wi-Fi and start watching! Roku must be picked up and dropped off at the West Tisbury library. Please do not place device into the drop box.
Borrow a Chromecast!
What is Chromecast? Chromecast is a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use your mobile device and the TV you already own to stream your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, games, HOOPLA, Kanopy and more. Chromecast works with iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook.
To use Chromecast you must have Wi-Fi and a HDMI input on your television. Plug the Chromecast into your TV, connect it to your Wi-Fi and “cast” your digital content to your TV, including free movies and television from HOOPLA, and Kanopy!
Chromecast must be picked up and dropped off at the West Tisbury library. Please do not place device into the drop box. Streaming devices are on loan for 2 weeks.